Thursday, March 26, 2009

Summer 2008

We had a great summer but didn't do much traveling! We finished up some of the last major projects like painting the shutters & garage. But mostly we were studying. Coralee and I spent the whole summer going to school full time! We both got straight A's by the way! I'm now half way done with my MA in Teaching in ESL and Coralee is half way done with her Associates in Business Administration. We both hope to be done next summer. Then Coralee's hoping to go on and finish her BA in International Business the following summer! Oh I also had to take two fairly hard tests called the Praxis II Tests in ESL (Eng. as a 2nd Lang.) & PLT (Principles of Learning & Teaching). I think that they literally were some of the hardest tests I have ever taken. But I passed them both the first time! At the end of the summer we went to New York with the High School group. It was a blast getting to know the students better and we really love just being in New York. Coralee got a new job with me at Loudon County Schools. She works at the Middle School next door to Loudon Elementary (where I work). She tutors 7th Grade ESL Students. We both got raises this year too! Things are going great. Also I got to experience my first UT Football game last week. UT Football is really big out here because there are no pro teams and it's really a super big deal in the South especially. There were 106,000 fans in the UT Stadium this last weekend!

No comments: