Monday, August 21, 2006

Italy: Cinque Terre, Pisa & Siena


We found the most beautiful place in Italy. It's a coastal area in the North West on the Mediteranian Sea. There are five small towns on the cliffs with a hiking trail that connects all the towns. The whole area is a national park and one of the towns is in may famous photos when you think of the Italian cliff towns.


Then we went to Pisa on the way to Siena. Although we had heard that there wasn't much there we were impressed. It really is cool and really is leaning alot! I did have to hold up the tower for a picture though.


Finally we came to Siena, the walled midevil city near Florence. It was bigger then we thought and we were suprised to remember that we booked a 4 star hotel! We really loved the change of pace after staying in mostly budget hotels so far.
Siena was fun, we climbed the main tower in town for some great views and went on a tour of the Tuscan Wine Country. It's very beautiful just like we imagined Italy to be in the movies.

Right now we're in Florence on our way to Milan where we are flying to Greece tomorrow. We've only got 4 hours for Florence and we spent half in the internet cafe! We're not exactly art lovers I guess...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the leaning tower of Pisa! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. Cinque Terra is the most beautiful place in Italy. I would love to go back there someday.
THE LORD BE MAGNIFIED!
~David Wilkinson